Monday, January 13, 2014

Home, Christmas and Birthdays



A few days ago Cyan turned 6 and as we are in the Netherlands there’s a lot on you to do list.
Of course the normal craziness with a cake, a kids party, a family&friends party and of course not to forget: presents. But here there is also the unspoken rule of bringing little gifts “traktacies”  which you give all your kids from your class and something little for all teachers. This year we made some little paper cups with popcorn, winegums, chocolate raisins and some salty cookies. Actually the idea is very nice – of giving a little treat but when you have to prepare 27 of them and you’d be also…that’s a lot of work then!! But happy us we were two people and also Ty and Nyra where giving their best to help us. It was quite some work but in the end it was worth it.
As his birthday was on a Friday his 6 guests were picked up directly after school and for me it was quite a sound intensity shock. Even if we have four kids here 6 boys (Cyan and Ty included) and one girl (the only girl Cyan invited) it was never that loud. But well after some pancakes, cake and way to much sugar for this kids full of energy Li and Chris went to an indoor playground with them which was pretty relaxing for me but even more stressful for them. But in the end I guess it was a nice birthday for Cyan.
Furthermore I had a very good time at home with my family and friends. I enjoyed the time there but it was also a good feeling to come back to my 2nd home.
Oh I also went on a little ski trip with Daniel and some friends and luckily we also had two days where we really could ski but also the other days were nice and filled with playing games and having fun.
What really made my heart smile was the kids hugging me and being really happy about me being back.

So far to this story… in my following post I will tell you about my weekend with Sandra, going to a fish spa and our trip to Utrecht

Have a nice week and feel hugged ♥

Leonie 

A wonderful sunrise on our way to the "Feldberg" in the black forrest

Another sunshine ♥ btw he is growing and growing

Drama baby :)

Schuddebuikjes - or super small cookies for on your bread (or your beschuit like I did)--absoloutly delicious!!!

Selfie time xD

A (Dutch) bag full of little treats for Cyans class

closeup of one treat - pirate cup with some confetti and of course filled with sweet and salty things :)

Yeah the least days I could enjoy wonderful sunny and fresh weather :)I hope you did too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment