Monday, November 25, 2013

Visit from Germany, good wine and music and finally Sinterklaas arrived



Hey Guys,

Since my homesickness is okay again that might be because I saw a very good friend, Kai, from Germany who came to Eindhoven for a concert. And as far as the Netherlands are not too big I could travel there easy and meet her. First thing that happened was I crying as a kid seeing someone from home, which was some kind of releasing all the feeling I actually don’t want to come up.
SO we had a great day with some super delicious food (burger and French fries from “la place”). I bought her some “Kruidnoten” to introduce her to the Dutch style of Sinterklaas here. It was really good to talk and hug somebody who is really close to you. In that case not saying that I’m not happy about the people I met here in fact I found really good friends here nd I’m happy to have them.
Well so the following weekend I met with Sandra and Sinterklaas finally arrived. Before Sandra and I went there we had a great Friday night. While waiting for some pizza we drank some delicious red wine with Elisabeth joining us. After enjoying some really good grilled vegetable pizza we went to Sandras hous – yes she has her own house. So we could turn on the music as loud as we wanted and that’s what we did :) so many different types of music – also some Danish and German. So we had great fun and went to bed later than expected. But we already planned to go to the arrival of Sinterklaas in Rotterdam. So that was also my first time biking to the city which was a little difficult in the first place but also a lot of fun!
There we found the place where the parade should take place pretty fast but we found out we were a little early. So we decided to have a cup of fresh mint tea with honey which was awesome but sadly timing wasn’t on our side. When we began to drink we saw some swarte pieten and realized that the parade was beginning already. So we went out to watch the parade. We found it really exciting so we decided to walk with them and enjoy the feeling. Due to our really good time we thought we should follow the parade with our bike which we did :) on the way back we picked some swarte piet for a nice picture. It was a grey day but one of the best grey days of my life to be honest.
To come to the last weekend we had some kind of a birthday weekend with Daniels family as his parents and big sister have their birthdays in November. We ate really great food, went outside for a long walk and we also were able to enjoy some sun that weekend. It was quite a tip for me – around 7hrs on the way back – but it was totally worth it.
By the way it remembers me that Gino (boyfriend of Daniels biggest sister) sees my developments in Dutch in the biggest intervals and mentioned that I made very big positive steps and he was really surprised how good I became. That really motivates me and encouraged me to hear especially because I’m going to take the test at the Volksuniversiteit that will show which of the five courses for the NT2 test. And in the first place I was some kinda scared because I don’t want to be disappointed or something because I will be in a lower course. But now I’m interested in which course it will be and as I found out I need to take the test until 1st September. SO there is enough time for me to work on my Dutch skills for this test :)

That’s it for today and I’m sorry not uploading it in German but it is pretty time intense and since it is dark early I don’t really feel like writing a lot.
So far have a nice day, week and I hope to hear from you ♥

my beloved Kai and our super delicious food

A very nice fountain in Rotterdam

The two danish girls - Sandra and Elisabeth ♥

Sandra and I with some swarte piet (so you have a picture how they look like - just imagine at the parade were plenty of them :D )


No comments:

Post a Comment